Your doctor and healthcare team (like a nurse or physician’s assistant) are the best source of information about your treatment. It can be tough to remember all the questions you want to ask during appointments.
That’s why it is a good idea to write down your questions in advance.
Read and print this list to help you ask the right questions about ELIGARD.
- How often will I get an ELIGARD injection?
- Is dosing every 6 months (2x per year) right for me?
- What are the side effects?
- Who should not take ELIGARD?
- Are there any medications or things I should avoid while on ELIGARD?
About treating advanced prostate cancer
- What role does testosterone play in my prostate cancer?
- What are the treatment choices for my stage of prostate cancer?
- How will I know if treatment is working?
- Can side effects be managed?
- What is the difference between hormonal therapies?
- What is a subcutaneous injection?
- Am I likely to have urinary or bowel problems?
- How can I manage side effects common to hormonal therapies?
About living with advanced prostate cancer
- What foods should I eat?
- Are there foods I should avoid?
- Can you suggest an exercise plan for me?
- Are there activities I should avoid?
- Can you suggest ways to manage stress?
- Are there medications or alternative therapies I should avoid?
- How can I find support?